Thursday 8 May 2014

Process continued....


I decided that I need to change the image and effect of the building and gates itself in order to make the background appear scarier. 



I tried changing hues to change its appearance, this for example has a slight hint of a red hue. I liked this but still felt it wasn't strong enough or scary enough to create the unsettling effect which I wanted.




This was my eventual outcome, which I was much more pleased with. I added some different black and white effects, as well as a "smoke" and "grunge" effect. I added a vague hint of blue smoke to distort the colours , which made the centre of the image a lot more striking. The other smoke effects then created a stormy/cloudy image in the sky which enhanced the overall theme of it being set in Winter and looking offputting. The key reason for the focus on the gates looking so intimidating lies with the concept of the film and its title of "Enclosed." In order to link in, the building needed to resemble a place where any viewer would dread being trapped in.









No comments:

Post a Comment