Thursday 1 May 2014

Edited photos for magazine



I edited the photographs of Harri to improve their appearance. I constructed them using a theatrical sceen background which was a physical piece of set at the drama centre. I felt that the wallpaper design on it fitted in with the theme and style of the asylum; being set in the past. I wrote, "RUN" onto his hand as if it is a warning to readers, or anyone entering the asylum. The word is written on his hand, which was positioned into a "stop" pose, to further give the impression of a warning. I edited the photo to make the edges darker, so that coverlines would be easier to add and stand out more. By raising the contrast why the shadow was also emphasised creating a better overall visual effect. 





In this second photo I made the contrast even higher and added saturation to bring out the colours more. In this I added a rain effect,as well as smoke to add to the horror effect, it also made his cheekbones more prominent which highlighted his scared/shocked expression. 




                                    

I then created a photo collage to add to my magazine cover, using an effect which created borders, making them appear like polaroid pictures. I wanted to do this as a neat method for adding additional pictures, which wouldn't obstruct my main image. I used edited photos which  had horror themes, such as the asylum gates and someone being dragged down the corridor. On the image of Meg being dragged, I Edited using a 3D and blood effect to change the appearance, as it looked to plain alone.





No comments:

Post a Comment