Wednesday 7 May 2014

Feedback

I gained the following feedback on the first draft of my film poster: 

Classmates liked the font and style of my title text, and the stroke effect in deeper red colouring. They felt that it was reflective of a horror film title branding and mirrored real life textual examples. They also liked the tagline and its connotations, my group members were especially able to understand its underlying meaning. I was happy however that the rest of my classmates were also able to work out the meaning behind it and connect it with Cecilia's character.
They also liked the conventional style of the billing block font and the social networking logos etc, but suggested I could perhaps have some additional logos such as production company or picture house name.

Some class members suggested that the poster was not striking enough as a horror poster, in that the image did not visually scare them , or wouldn't if they were only able to have a short moment to glimpse at it. I agreed that something extra was needed in order to create a more effective response. I had shown them the poster for "the devil inside" during my presentation as one of my poster inspirations, due to the similarity of the nun in the image. 



The nun in this poster is clearly unsettling due to the effect in the eyes and the scratched effect on the image , complimented by the red colouring on the right hand side of the poster which adds to the horror style. I thought about maybe applying some of these ideas to my own poster to enhance the visual response to the nun.

Classmates also suggested that I try adding an image of Sean (the boy) behind the asylum gates in order to make him look like a ghost locked behind bars. I liked this idea but my only concern was whether the image of the boy would fit properly behind the gate and whether I could get it to look realistic enough using photoshop.










No comments:

Post a Comment